Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Story of Us....

So I had the opportunity to go down a teach a class for Lisa G. who runs Scrappers Anonymous Getaways.  This particular crop was held at the Flanders Hotel in Ocean City NJ.  It was my first time at one of her events and I have to say, Wow!  What a nice group of women and a relaxed fun atmosphere.  My class went well and I had some really nice women with me.  We laughed and told stories about our sometimes crazy lives ; )  Anyway, Lisa has a Facebook page and if you are in the area and what to check on what her next event will be, look her up, or shoot me an email.  I'll be happy to let you know her schedule.  Now, for a little crafty tip.  I found this idea somewhere and I wish I could credit the person that I lifted it from.  I will be on the hunt for who to give credit to!  So, this happy little tip was something I used to make an anniversary gift for my husband.  He is painfully hard to buy for and I am forever racking my brain to come up with something special to surprise him with on holidays and special occasions.  So I found a project ( a bit different than what I have done)  that inspired me to make this.  I collected up the all of the cards that my husband and I had given eachother while we were dating.  They were tucked in boxes and various drawers and boxes around the house. I made a cover using some paper that I bought (wait for it).... twelve years ago, canvas, and Claudine Helmuth's Glue and Seal. I used a heavy duty punch to make holes in the cards and stacked them.  I then wrapped the canvas cover around the cards and bound them all together using two large jump rings.  This is just a quick idea to get the mementos out of the drawers and shoe boxes.  I hope it one day shows my son how his Mommy and Daddy became an "US"!  Have a wonderful Sunday : )